Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This is the entirety of the story of Ana and d.

Sometimes I wonder if you see me like her. I wonder if you view me as a pathetic love stricken woman whom you can get THINGS from. I would hope you don’t feel that way, but sometimes I wonder silently.

Sometimes I wonder in my silent hell why I continue at all. I wonder if I really know what love is, or if there is love at all for that matter. I thought a mother’s love was unconditional until she taught me that it’s nothing more than a farce.

You tell me to look into the glass, and ask me what I see. I see eyes that are filled with pain, with distrust, with unrequited undelivered love for many. I cannot express in words what was released into that silver universe between dimensions last night. I find solace in my family, not myself, my family – is new.

New things frighten me, change is unsettling to such a homebody. I seek not a lover in your arms, I seek safety of the only one I trust. I would have let you drink me dry, and trusting all the time you would never hurt me. Then in the blackness you tell me your time is short it confuses my fragile heart.

I know for certain you saw us in exactly the same light, perhaps on different time plains in a parallel dimension of your mind. Yes your mind for it is clear you have no soul death would not. She was a replacement for me, just as I was for her, just as your new meal to my new friend. Once I was jealous of the way you looked at her. Now we are sisters of a common occurrence. The flowers left behind, unseen by the common street rat as useless baggage in its pathetic scramble to survive.

No comments: